the first thing starts with these set up a blog that you need to do before you start designing. your blog is to make your blog more search engine friendly.
It only means that you need to make your permalinks clean and readable. After that, you should be the setup comments and check the username for your own security.
The following are the consider in this set up a blog WordPress blog:-
Change your permalinks:-
Permalinks in wordpress blog are fixed and unique URL addresses of particular posts, pages, categories or tags on your WordPress blog site. Permalink is visible in the top browser bar or URL bar. It is nothing else but an internet address making a link from a post published on your blog in the google.
What are a permalink and what structure of permalinks to choose for blog?
When we are installing WordPress, then you are installing default settings at the same time. so that it is important to remember that some of those settings should be changed before you start to blog and website. set up a blogAfter installing WordPress, then the firstlythe first thing you should do is change the permalink structure for blog.
We consider or do these steps:-
Settings < Permalinks and choose Post name
Set up Comments :-
in the WordPress, your blog is free from spam comments, for which will make it full of unwanted content in you post . set up a blogMany companies use automatic spam, leaving comments with links to various sites to promote blog themselves.
Settings < Discussion and choose two options
Check your username:-
In the WordPress,” admin ” serves as a the default username of every user, that’s why it’s crucial that you are the change your name into something more unique for your website’s safety and blogging.
To check the username enter Users > All Users.
How to change Username?
Click Add User on the left and fill in the required fields (username and email), show the password and save them – you will need it to re-log into your account. Then, from the list of the lines, select Role: Administrator and click Add New User button.
set up a blog If you want to learn more, and then read the article: How to add a user in WordPress
Starting a blog with WP
Adding a new user in the blog dashboard
Now you have to Log out of your blog, and click Log out in the upper right corner.
Starting a blog with WordPress
How to log out the user
Then Log in again, but as a new user (this one just added). Go back to Users in WordPress > All Users and delete the ‘admin’ user by clicking Delete.
Edit general settings:-
Go to Settings >then the General and change some necessary settings for you. Enter Site Title and Tagline, add the correct email address. Set the correct timezone. It is according to this setting that the scheduled posts will be displayed. You can also look at the writing and reading settings use steps (Settings > Writing, or Settings > Reading) and adapt them to your needs.
- roles to other members of your team who register on your site like Editor, Contributor etc. Otherwise, we just leave it to the default ‘subscriber’ role.
- Site Language: You can select the language in which the WordPress interface will be the displayed to you. and It also affects the interface language for your visitors like the language on widget titles. By default, it is set to English (U.S).
- Timezone: Select the timezone then you want WordPress events to occur and be displayed like Post publish date and time. It will also affect the WordPress Cron job. and You will usually want to set it to your own time zone.
- Date Format: What there is the date format you want your published pages and posts to appear to your visitors and within the WordPress dashboard? Set it here.
- Time Format:- we Just like the above but for the time displayed.
Week Starts on: Which day does your week start on? This are affect any calendar plugins that you might install. Settings to Give Your WordPress Blog an Identity
In the WordPress blog you have selected a theme and made some changes to the site layout but what about the site title, tagline, language, and other identity options?
In the tip, we will show you the exact steps to give your site an Identity by modifying the site/blog settings and uploading your logo.
From the left navigation panel and , go to Settings > General. You will be taken to the General Settings page with 12 settings to customize.
So let’s go through each setting on this page.
- Site Title: Enter your site’s title here. Example: digbunch Blog.
- What is your site about? Describe it in a few words. Example: SEO Tips
- WordPress Address (URL): Unless you want to move your WordPress installation to a sub-directory, this will be your site URL by default. Example: https://www,digbunch.com
- Site Address (URL): Again, unless your WordPress directory is different from the root directory, this will match your WordPress Address URL by default. Example: https://www,digbunch.com
- Email Address: This will be your email you entered when installing WordPress for the first time by default. You can enter a different email here to change your email.
- Membership: Are you running a membership site? If yes, then tick the checkbox to allow user registration. If not, leave it unchecked.
- New User Default Role: If you are running a membership site then you can select the default role to assign to members who register on your site. You can also assigned the different.